Raw Vegan Key Lime Tarts
I took a trip up to Bunya on the weekend to run an essential oils workshop surrounded by gorgeous citrus trees! The beautiful host, Bec, left me laden with lemons and oranges fresh from the orchard! They are just divine! #mainmunchkin is a massive citrus fan and immediately asked if we could make a citrus tart…. Sure! That seems like the perfect thing to do in the school holidays!
We were inspired to make a chocolate orange tart (recipe coming!) and found lots of recipes for raw lime tarts too. I’d made a raw lime slice previously but it just wasn’t limey enough! It was way too sweet, not at all sour…. And it mainly went to waste – noooooooo!!! Well, not these ones – these are a total hit!
Nail reactions Docetaxel may cause changes to the appearance of your nails on your fingers and toes. Meaning, your ability to conceive or father a child may be affected by Darolutamide. Measure liquid medicine with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon https://apotheekzonderrecept.com/viagra/. Your healthcare provider will tell you where to apply FLUOROPLEX Cream, how often and how long to apply it.
These Core Sets are composed of measures that specifically focus on populations served by the Start Printed Page 50228Medicaid and CHIP programs and are of particular importance to their care. Ask your healthcare provider if taking aspirin before taking TECFIDERA may reduce flushing. Your doctor may suggest that you use a different birth control method during your treatment with cefuroxime http://farmaciaonlinesinreceta.org/. Discovery of OSI-906: a selective and orally efficacious dual inhibitor of the IGF-1 receptor and insulin receptor.
So this recipe had to be bitey! Not too sweet, smooth, yummy, moreish… and I have to say – we’ve nailed it. If you like tangy tarts – these are your guys! (If you don’t then reduce the amount of lime juice and up the maple syrup a touch!)
We’ve also nailed the #glutenfree #dairyfree #raw #vegan #keto #paleo #healthy brief! And most importantly the kids love them!! Rocking the healthy school holiday treats over here!! (Not so much rocking the clean house hashtag though!)
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup raw buckwheat
- ⅓ cup almonds
- 7 medjool dates
- 2 heaped tbsp raw cacao
- Pinch of fine pink Himalayan salt
- 1½ cup cashews
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Pinch of fine pink Himalayan salt
- 2 avocados
- 80g cacao butter (can replace with coconut oil)
- Juice of 2.5 limes (plus ½ a lime for decoration)
- 14 drops of doTERRA lime essential oil
- Slowly melt the cacao butter in a ceramic dish on low (100°C) in the oven.
- Soak 1½ cup cashews in filtered water (laid flat in a dish)
- Zest one lime and keep aside (do so before juicing the limes!)
- Cut 36 (well that’s how many we used!) strips of baking paper approx 1x10cm
- Place walnuts, buckwheat and almonds in Thermomix (or food processor) speed 7 for 5 seconds or until significantly chopped/starting to resemble meal.
- Add raw cacao and salt and blitz at speed 4.5 adding one (pitted) medjool date at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Place baking paper strips at the base of each portion of the baking tray (this helps the tarts lift out easily at the end)
- Spoon one teaspoon of mixture into each section and press down with a spoon (or clean fingers) to condense together and flatten out the base
- Place tray in the fridge (or freezer)
- Clean out thermomix/food processor
- Remove melted cacao butter from the oven
- Squeeze 2.5 limes (remaining ½ for decoration!)
- Drain cashews
- Add cashews, flesh of avocados, maple syrup, salt, lime juice, lime oil and melted cacao butter into processor. Blend for 20 seconds, speed 4.5. Scrape down sides and continue to blend for a further 10 seconds or until creamy.
- Remove muffin trays from fridge/freezer and spoon mixture over base.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and return to fridge or freezer to set (approx. 20 mins to 1 hour)
- To serve, use baking strips to gently remove tarts. Finely grate solid raw cacao butter over tart. Add mini decorative lime wedge and devour!!!
You could make this as one big tart as opposed to mini ones and it would work just the same. This was our attempt at portion control!! (Didn’t work they just slammed more of them in!)
If you’d like to join our community of essential oil lovers with free online education and a members-only community to ask questions and find inspiration on ways to detox your home, detox your life and start using pristine oils for your health, for cleaning, cooking in your body products to support you emotional and physical health… send me a message or go to Buy doTERRA Oils. If you’ve been introduced to doTERRA by someone else – please go back to them, otherwise send us a message with your health priorities and we will help you get exactly what’s right for you: email@example.com. I can’t wait to get to know you and help you make yummy thing like this!
With love, health, happiness and abundance,